Main » 2011 » September » 23 » 10 Best Yahoo! Messenger Tricks and Hacks
4:00 PM10 Best Yahoo! Messenger Tricks and Hacks
10 Best Yahoo! Messenger Tricks and Hacks
Messenger is an instant messaging program which is compatible with all
Windows versions. While instant messaging is the focus of Yahoo!
Messenger, there are several special tricks that can enhance the user
Here are my 10 Best Yahoo! Messenger Tricks and Hacks:
1. Find invisible users on your Yahoo! Messenger list
Want to find out someone who’s hiding from you? You can easily do so by going to Yahoo! Invisible Checker. All you need to do is type in the Yahoo! ID and the particular users status will be revealed.
2. Invisible nickname on chat rooms
Just go to edit profile and in the nick name type a (space character) on it just press Alt 0160 ( or ALT+255 ) and save it.
Now go to any Yahoo! chat room and you’ll notice that your nick name is empty. [Alt+0160 is a keyboard shortcut for space]
3. Run Multiple Instances of Yahoo! Messenger on same system
Some of you might be having more than one Yahoo! ID would like to log in simultaneously. Here is an easy way to do it without installing any sort of software. You just have to edit the registry and voila there you go. Follow the instructions below:
4. Removing Ads from your Yahoo! Messenger
If you are using Yahoo! Messenger 8.0, then you can disable ads by following the below steps:
The above fix doesn’t work for Yahoo! Messenger 9 Beta. Here’s a way to disable the ads in Yahoo! Messenger 9:
If nothing works try launching this file.
5. Yahoo! Smiley Codes
You can make use of all smileys including hidden ones in your messenger by using YEmotePLUS plugin.
6. Creating Custom Profiles for Chat
You can create custom profiles with different name, sex and other details from Yahoo! Create/Edit Profiles. You can use these for chat services only.
7. Change the Yahoo! Messenger Title Bar
You can change the text that appears at the very top of the Yahoo! messenger window by editing theymsgr.ini file.
1. Go to Program Files\Yahoo!\ and open ymsgr.ini.
2. Then at the end, type this:
3. Change YOUR TEXT to whatever you want it to say. Then save the file and close messenger. When you restart messenger you will see your new message.
8. Online Status Changer and Manager
HyperIM is currently the best status changer & manager for Yahoo! messenger available at present. You can download it here.
9. Access Yahoo! Messenger Chat archives while offline
You can access your Yahoo! chat logs using Yahoo! Message Archive Decoder. It reads Yahoo! Messenger archive files (.dat files) and presents them in a format that you can read. It decodes the message archive without logging in (offline mode and no passwords required). You can download it here.
10. Retrieve Yahoo! Messenger Display pictures
Y! Display Pic will retrieve Yahoo! users even if they are offline or invisible. You can download it here.
Do you have questions, comments, or suggestions? Feel free to post a comment!
By AKN2596 (Amer Khan)
|Total comments: 0|